Monday, November 15, 2010

Dominoes

In the section of Dominoes and Darkness there were two monsters in the Steiner family’s kitchen. The two monsters were the Nazis that wanted to take Rudy with them, because of great athletic ability. One of the Nazis were describing why Rudy should go to their school to Herr Steiner, “…this is all for a greater purpose. Think of the opportunities your son can have. This is really a privilege” (Zusak 409). Rudy’s father wasn’t too thrilled of the idea of his boys leaving with the Nazis. While the adults were arguing in the kitchen the Steiner kids was playing dominoes in the living in the dark. Rudy was listening part of the conversation when he was getting a candle to light the darkness room. When the dominoes were tapped down Kurt made a comment that kind of fitted what was going on, “They look like dead bodies” (Zusak 410).


            When I was younger my father told me not to trust my friends, especially my best friend. I was very furious, when he said that to me. In respond to that I argued back, got in trouble for talking back to him.
Works Cited:
Zusak, Markus. The Book Thief.  NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 2005. Print.

1 comment:

  1. 8/10:
    Good job Nina! Great quotes and Works Cited:)

    plural subject should have plural verb: "While the adults were arguing in the kitchen the Steiner kids was playing dominoes in the living in the dark."

    Comma splice: "I was very furious, when he said that to me. In respond to that I argued back, got in trouble for talking back to him."

    ReplyDelete