Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Leaving Max behind...

Zusak described in the section The Sound of Sirens, that there are going to be bombs in Liesel’s area. When it was time to go to Fiedler’s shelter Liesel and her family had to leave Max behind in the basement hoping everything would be okay. While Liesel in Fiedler’s shelter asked her father a quick question, “Are you thinking about him, too?” (Zusak 376). Bringing Max to Fiedler’s shelter was not an option, because there were people in the shelter “Twenty-two people crammed themselves into Fiedler’s shelter…” (Zusak 373). Luckily when it was time to go back home Max was there. Max broke down and told the Hubermanns that he had went upstairs and looked outside. No was anger at him for that.
            When I was growing up I always felt unfair with my little siblings, because my parents always told me that they are younger so give it to them. In our family we believed the oldest sibling always have to give whatever the little siblings wants. So slowly I gave up fighting with my siblings for anything. Now I am older I understand why my parents did that because it showed me not to be selfish. Now I have my own child if I do have another child I would something like that, but I think I would do things a little different. I do not want my first child to feel unimportant, because that was how I felt when I was younger.
Works Cited:
Zusak, Markus. The Book Thief.  NY: Alfred A. Knopf, 2005. Print.

1 comment:

  1. 6/10:
    Great job on this one Nina--I really like your personal reflection! You did a great job picking quotes from this section too:)

    Comments for Revision:

    sentence structure: "Zusak described in the section The Sound of Sirens, that there are going to be bombs in Liesel’s area."

    fragment (missing subject and verb): "While Liesel in Fiedler’s shelter asked her father a quick question"

    verb choice: "he had went upstairs" went/gone

    fragment: "No was anger at him for that."

    verb tense: "In our family we believed the oldest sibling always have to give"

    "Now I am older" should be "Now that I am older"

    run-on: "Now I have my own child if I do have another child I would something like that, but I think I would do things a little different."

    ReplyDelete