Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Abandonment

Liesel hold The Grave Digger’s Handbook, as her memories of her mother and brother. That was the feeling of anxiety of being abandon.When Liesel’s brother died, she probably felt like scared, frustrated, and sad. (39) He died, by the poor condition that they were in. I think his abandonment was under the circumstances you can’t control when you died. I can’t imagine how painful that would be, when a younger sibling die in your own arms. When her mother left her to the Hubermann I think it was from the circumstances. She knew that she was very ill and has no money to take care of the kids and her. To give away her child like that was mostly like a needle pending into her heart. As a parent we always try to give what is the best for our children.




I am the oldest of four.When I was younger my parents was always working. I was responsible for everything that happens in the house and I feel like I had to be a parent.There were some days I feel like I was abandon to my siblings. I feel like I had no freedom and always taking care of the kids. We needed money to pay all the bills, so they needed someone close to take care of kids. By my parent doing that we all learned to take care of ourselves while we were young. As I grow older I slowly understand why it was me to hold the house down.

Work Cited:
Zusak, Markus.  The Book Thief.  NY:  Alfred A. Knopf, 2005.  Print.


    1 comment:

    1. 6/10:
      Nice work, Nina. The picture you used really does a nice job of illustrating the theme of abandonment. I like how you wrote about your personal experience. Because you can relate to Liesel, maybe you could write about how she probably felt when she went to live with the Hubermanns? You do a nice job talking about how her mother probably felt, but I would love to see what you think about what Liesel was going through during this section of the book.

      Comments for Revision:
      Please use the MLA format for your Works Cited information at the end of this post. If you are paraphrasing, you should also put the page number in parenthesis so that you can always easily locate the section of the book that you are discussing.

      Verb tense: "Liesel hold The Grave Digger’s Handbook, as her memories of her mother and brother. That was the feeling of anxiety of being abandon."

      Verb tense: "When I was younger my parents was always working. I was responsible for everything that happens in the house and I feel like I had to be a parent."

      ReplyDelete