Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Survivors






Eva Galler impact me the most. She escaped, by jumping off the train that was going to death camp. She is the oldest out of eight kids. She was 17 years old at that time.  Knowing that she is the oldest sibling, I felt her pain of losing her little siblings. I am also the oldest of my siblings.  I love my siblings very much like they were my kids. I grew up with the responsibility taking care of my little siblings while my parents went to work. Eva Galler jumped off the train with two of her siblings, but both got shot while they were running. After that Eva Galler went to Gentile families to families that helped her out. Later that time she got caught, but not as a Jews as a Gentile. She got a new identify and a new life. Lucky she is a girl, the Jews boys were circumcised.  They moved her to Sudetenland to work into slave farm and she got adopted. Later on she contacted her brother and sister from her dad’s first marriage. She wanted to go back to Poland, but she couldn’t. Her brother tried to help her to go to the United States, but it didn’t work so she went to Sweden. She was looking on the Red Cross List to check out who’s on the survivors list, from her city about 3,000 Jewish and only 12 survived. So I learned do whatever it takes to survived and you might be the only blood line left for your family from Eva Galler’ s survivor story. Eva Galler was born at January 1, 1924 in Oleszyce, Poland.

work cited




1 comment:

  1. 6/10:
    Great job, Nina! I am glad to see that you included links to your sources for this post. It is important information for both you and your reader to have handy. You did a nice job relating to Eva and thinking about how close both of you are to your siblings.

    Comments for Revision:
    Fragment: "Eva Galler impact me the most."

    Organization of content: be sure you don't jump around on your reader too much. It can be helpful to separate your post into more than one paragraph, so that you can be sure each paragraph has its own main idea. This can help you from jumping back and forth between Eva's story and your story so much which can be confusing for a reader. Putting information in chronological order can also help the reader follow your train of thought more easily.

    Be more specific with your content. Ex: "She escaped, by jumping off the train that was going to death camp." Your reader has probably not read Eva's story like you have, so he or she would not know what Eva was escaping from. Don't leave out key details!

    Verb tense: Be sure to use the same verb tense throughout your post. If you are writing in the present tense, use all present tense verbs in your post. This sentence is an example of how you use present and past tense verbs in the same sentence: "I love my siblings very much like they were my kids."

    ReplyDelete